In our daily routines sometimes,we get stressed out while choosing option between work and life. How much do we focus on the most powerful machine – our body and mind? What are we doing towards work life balance?
If we wish to have a work life balance, it means that we need to balance our expectations and aspirations.Let us try a quick test. Take a paper and a pen. Jot down your top 5 aspirations (what do you want to achieve) in life.
Now, check out – do you find “personal well-being” (or something to that effect) as one of the top 5 aspirations?
When we don’t care about ourselves, we cannot expect companies to care about our work-life balance. Take a re-look at your life priorities and include personal well-being as one of them.
Below are 7 tips for work life balance:
1. Accept that work-life balance is a personal responsibility
2. Include personal well-being as a life priority
3. Revisit and review personal priorities periodically
4. Exercise personal choice to maintain the balance
5. Create positive atmosphere
6. Enjoy the efforts and worry not about consequences
7. Take breaks to recharge